The kit comes with little plastic bottles that are designed to maximize the space in your carry on quart-sized bag. And there are all these neat little labels so you don’t confuse your “hair gel” for “eye cream.” (God, I hate it when that happens…)
Effectively packing your 3-1-1 bag is the first step to a carry on only air travel experience. Here are a few more travel tips:
- Get (usually) free cosmetic samples from mall make-up counters to save space.
- Use powdered mineral makeup instead of cream or liquid products.
- Take only enough of products like lotion or toothpaste to last the duration of your flight. You can get more when you land.
- Prioritize your needs and pack accordingly. For example, I leave out the eye cream to make room for product to feed the Moster that is my hair.
- Save pill bottles to store bobby pins, hair ties or a small sewing kit.
Photo by Ruth Terry